"This is the best spelling app I know of" Kathy Burdick @Mobile2011 Phoenix
*** PadGadget Recommended: *BUY* "This Week s Words is a great tool to help kids practice and learn their elementary school spelling words" *** (Nov '10)
This is the FREE 'lite' version of the widely acclaimed spelling app "This Week's Words". Try it and discover how it is helping parents and teachers with their children's spelling every week.
It works for 3 reasons:
1. IT'S FUN. Makes learning their words more fun, with a set of games to help progressively learn each spelling
2. IT'S REAL. You are tested on YOUR words with a sophisticated text-to-speech engine that runs a test just like a teacher would; and
3. IT GROWS. Users can save all word lists to review in the future - they can track just how many words they have learned!
...therefore IT WORKS to help your kids learn their school spelling words each week.
In this FREE lite version you can use most functions of the app - like the learning games and test mode - but you can only enter 5 words at a time, you cannot save your words, and you cannot have different users. Please upgrade for full functionality of this app.
How does the full version work?
- Users create their own profile to save their words in - so you can have multiple users in the same app,
- Users enter their word list, with a few or as many words as needed,
- Users play a series of games to help them learn their words,
- After progressing through the games they can take a practice test, just like at school.
- When they get a new word list they save the old one and start again.
How is the full version better than other spelling apps?
There are 4 reasons that 'This Week's Words' is better, and will help you learn:
1. You enter, learn and are tested on YOUR words - they can be any words. Other apps have pre-set word lists or are restricted by available words.
2. You are aurally tested - just like at school. This app has a very sophisticated text-to-speech engine that pronounces each word very clearly for the games and tests. You can choose to have either a UK-english or US-english accent.
3. You can save your words for future review and keep track of how many words you have learned - and the app supports multiple users so you always access YOUR words;
4. The approach to learning through simple word games makes it fun and rewarding - making it much more likely to be a regular learning tool for your kids.
Enjoy! and please send me your feedback and input for future releases: email@example.com
Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
This Week's Words Lite is a free software application from the Kids subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2011-06-16. The program can be installed on iOS.
This Week's Words Lite (version 1.0.0) has a file size of 67.32 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.